Grace likes stuff. Not just any stuff. Stuff she has deemed special and worthy of being carried with her at all times. Some things can be removed or added from this list depending on the day, but here are the current must-haves:
1. A small red purse. Contents: 83 cents, a broken camera, three pairs of sunglasses and a miniature soccer ball.
2. A yellow basket, which currently holds post-it notes that have been separated one-by-one from the post-it notes pad.
3. A stuffed Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh.
4. A stuffed "horse" that is actually a stuffed giraffe.
5. A backpack, which is currently empty because we take it to school but was full to the brim of other "stuff" this summer.
It doesn't matter if we are going to Grandma's house across town, Grandma's house 45 minutes down the road or a quick trip to the grocery store. These are must-haves that must be with Grace whenever she leaves the house. I've secretly wondered if she was planning to burn down the house while we were gone and wanted to make sure all of the good stuff was in a safe place.
For the record, when I went to clean out her backpack for the school year, here's what I found.