Advanced doesn't begin to describe Claire's verbal skills. I worked with toddlers some at my last job and can definitively say, this girl is rocking her language skills.
For example, the other day my almost two-and-a-half-year-old looked at a hang nail on her finger and said, "Ma, I got a nail problem." And when Grace was breaking the rules, Claire blurted out "Grace not supposed to do that." And the most shocking was this interaction:
Claire: What do we do now?
Me: I don't know, what do you want to do?
Claire: (Putting a hand on each cheek) Let's think 'bout it.
Let's think about it?? Where does she learn this stuff?
Every day it's a new phrase or a new word (yesterday she told me that taking a warm bath was "nice and cozy.") So, because I always want to remember this time when she took on the English language and made it eat her dust, I'm starting a list of Claire sayings:
1. Ga-Beeeeeeeze: My all-time favorite. The pronunciation of "please" that started when she was about a year and she has yet to shake it.
2. Kirkle: Circle
3. I want to Loooook
4. Headbands and Band-Aids: A wire or two got crossed when she was learning what headbands and Band-Aids were because she'll often switch the two.
When she's skinned her knee: "Mom, I need a headband." And when she's found one of Bella's old headbands "Mom, like my Band-Aid?"
5. Mike: Knife. As in, "I want to cut my biscuit with a mike."
6. I lub you, too.
7. Pewter: Computer
8: Cocoa, Mommy: Here ya go, Mommy.
9. Who di-di-di-dat?: Who did that?
10. Mom, I neeeeeeed you.: Heartwarming.
I'll try to keep this list updated as she continues to kick butt and take names. Also on the top of the do list: Grace's Vocab Victories.