Saturday, February 27, 2010
Yesterday the girls turned two months old, and we celebrated by doing what any good parents do — we tortured them.
We started the day with a rushed feeding, packed them into car seats (which they love. No really. They do. Honest. They only scream like that when they really love something), hurried to the doctor's, stripped them nearly naked, weighed them, measured them, and then jammed three needles into their legs. Happy Birthday!!
In the last month we have:
* Gained a combined 4 pounds, 15 ounces
* Learned how to blow bubbles (and subsequently drool like a St. Bernard)
* Figured out the difference between night and day
* Took the babies to the store and avoided waking The Screamer
* Moved out of preemie clothes and into newborns...yay!!
* Reveled in the magic of the vibrating bouncy chair
* Turned in Grace's car bed for a big girl car seat (and by big girl, I mean a whopping 5 lbs.)
* Found out why getting burps is so important
* Started holding our heads up a little higher — literally
So, girls, I hope you had as much fun as we did. Except for, ya know, that whole needle part.
Posted by Katie at 4:17 PM