After last week's encounter with peanut butter, we scheduled an appointment to see an allergy specialist.
And it's official. No peanut butter for this kiddo.
The doctor said she has something called Oral Allergy Syndrome, which, from my interpretation, means she doesn't have the life-threatening kind of allergic reaction. Her reaction is limited to red blotches around her mouth. Not ideal, but definitely better than the alternative.
It's possible she may grow out of it, but not likely.
The doctor said even though it's not the most serious kind of reaction, Grace should still avoid peanuts. Which means Claire will be avoiding them, too.
Which also means Scott has to avoid them. That'll be the tough one.